All on 4 Dental Implants – Explore the Best & Affordable Way
Most people experience loss of one or several natural teeth due to different reasons which negatively impact their life quality. With missing teeth, people often hesitate in eating any food and drink that require biting and chewing and feel less confident while smiling or speaking. There may even be times when the individuals may have a troublesome denture / prosthesis fitted in their mouth. Whatever may be the reason, all on 4 dental implants procedure are a ground-breaking concept to permanently replace all teeth in the mouth.
What are All on Four Dental Implants?
All-on-four dental implants is a dental restoration technique wherein the missing upper or lower teeth set is replaced with a new set of fixed false teeth supported by only four dental implants. Two of the implants are placed posteriorly at a 45-degree angle towards the rear of the mouth i.e. into the anterior maxilla (a region of the mouth with higher jawbone density). The other two are vertically placed in the anterior region or the front of the teeth. When all the four implants are secured in their respective places, a provisional denture (new temporary set of teeth) is placed over to leave a fully functional set of teeth- all in a single day! The patient may return to the dentist after their jawbone heals and fuses with the implants to get the permanent customized set of teeth.
Why are the Advantages of Choosing these Implants?
Following are the advantages of all on 4 dental implants:
All-on four dental implants offer various benefits that outweigh the conventional implants, some of them are:
- Less surgical complexity: The placement of All-on-4 implants is a minimally invasive procedure that can provide a new smile in one day. Unlike traditional implants, which are required more in number to support upper or lower arches of teeth, they just need four of them. This procedure does not need the same jawbone density to secure the dental implants, hence bone grafting and sinus augmentation are ruled out.
- Easy to clean and maintain: These implants are resistant to tooth decay but they must have cared for as they can develop dental plaque. Just like natural teeth, they must be kept clean using low-abrasive, tartar-control toothpaste and floss threaders. The patient must watch what activities they do with their new teeth that are not normal.
- Affordable solution: They are less expensive than traditional implants. This is because there is no additional treatment needed to prepare potentially expensive prosthetics (as in the case of traditional implants). If one is looking for affordable all on 4 dental implants, they can visit First Point Dental Clinic which offers excellent tooth implant treatment and safe desired results to their patients.
The Stepwise Procedure of Placing All-on-4 Implants:
- Firstly, local anesthesia/sedation is provided to the patient to numb the surgical site.
- Then, a dental implant surgery (a minor dental procedure) is carried out by the surgeon wherein the four implants are placed into the jawbone after drilling a hole in it.
- During the recovery (i.e. usually 3 to 6 months while gums are healed), a dental technician prepares a new provisional set of the teeth.
- After the healing period, a second surgery is necessary to attach the dental crown to the abutment. Hence, the dentist delivers a new smile and can leave the clinic with fixed provisional teeth.
Do All on Four Teeth Implants Feel Natural?
Yes, all-on-4 replacement teeth provide one with permanent, natural-looking, and natural-functioning teeth. After receiving the tooth implants, the new teeth can start functioning the very same day. This is because the implants undergo an osseointegration process (i.e. fusion of the jawbone with the implant) and form a strong foundation for the dentures to stabilize in the mouth. Following the implant surgery, the patient may need to gently bite onto the gauze pad to stop bleeding which can be later removed.
Recovery at home includes ensuring that the tender surgical areas are not touched or rinsed. Gentle brushing may be done using a soft toothbrush to keep the teeth clean. Smoking must be completely avoided until the site is fully healed. To maintain oral hygiene, the dentist may also prescribe a medical rinse to lower the bacterial count and promote healing. If 24 hours post-surgery, there is minimal bleeding experienced by the patient, the patient must rinse their mouth with warm salt water 2-3 times a day.
First Point Dental Clinic is the top dental implant service provider in Westmont, Hoffman Estates, Hyde Park and Homewood location. To avail of the best all on 4 dental implants service, schedule an appointment now!