A dental bridges is a great option for anyone missing a single tooth or multiple teeth. It’s a great alternative to partial dentures as it is aesthetically and functionally superior. The dental procedure will restore your smile, your chewing ability, your phonetics and your confidence! Typically, the materials used for tooth bridge fabrication are gold, porcelain, or alloys. Porcelain is often preferred for anterior teeth replacement as it resembles natural tooth color and shade.
Dental Bridge procedure Step by Step
- The initial step is to assess your dental needs for restorative dental treatment to replace the missing teeth.
- The assessment will help your dentist identify whether a dental bridge procedure step by step is a good option for you.
- The dentist will inspect the teeth and take radiographs for a better understanding of your case.
- Usually, 2 teeth on either side of the missing space will be shaped to accommodate the crown parts of the bridge. These teeth are referred to as abutment teeth.
- An impression is taken, and sent to the lab to get your bridge manufactured.
- A temporary bridge will be placed, only until your permanent bridge is ready for you (this usually takes about 2 weeks).
- After your permanent bridge arrives, the temporary bridge is taken off. A few final adjustments are made to the permanent one, and then the bridge is cemented in place.
What is the Cost of a Dental Bridges?
There are 4 types of bridges commonly used in dental settings across America. The costs would differ in each case-
- The Traditional (3 UNIT) Dental Bridge: The most common bridge used in a dental bridge procedure. This first bridge would lie in the bracket of $3000 – $4,500. The prices could rise up depending upon the material used for the crowns and the pontics.
- The Cantilever Bridge: The range for a cantilever bridge could start from $2000 and go as high as $2,700.
- The Maryland Bridge: The cost would be in the bracket of $800-$2,500.
- The Implant-Supported Bridge: The cost of the implant starts from $2,000-3,000 while the bridge would additionally cost you around $3,000.
Benefits of Dental / Tooth Bridges
- Bridges are a fixed option as opposed to something removable
- Improves/Restores your chewing ability.
- Restore your smile
- Prevents teeth from shifting or moving
- Bridges don’t need any removal for cleaning as one can brush and floss them just as well as natural teeth.