Dental Exam & Cleaning
Dental exams and cleaning are two common dental practices that follow the ancient adage “Prevention is better than cure.” Routine dental checkup cleaning or oral examinations are the first line of defense against tooth decay, gum disease, tooth loss, and other oral health problems. Therefore, it is crucial to schedule a regular visit to a dental clinic for tooth exam cleaning and dental checkup cleaning to ensure good oral and general health.
Worried About the Cost of Dental Exam and Cleaning Without Insurance?
The cost of dental exam and cleaning without insurance and with insurance is provided by your chosen dentist during an initial consultation. At First Point Dental Clinic, we offer affordable dental exam and cleaning cost and standard to deep dental cleaning at the frequency required by our patients.
A proper dental exam cleaning is only possible when you search “dental exam and cleaning near me” and choose a local dentist who is professional, experienced, and welcoming.
You can see our dental hygienists and dentists for your teeth exam cleaning in Chicago, America. Contact us for further details or schedule an appointment with us today to get the best services and dental exam and cleaning cost!
Dental Checkup Cleaning- Best Services offered at First Point Dental
What Does a Typical Dental Cleaning and Dental Exam Involve?
Every individual who steps into a First Point Dental clinic is thoroughly examined by a dental professional for dental exam cleaning. A dentist does not limit dental exam assessment to just cavities but covers every aspect of oral healthcare.
Typically, a tooth exam cleaning assessment includes the following:
- Looking for signs of tooth decay or fractured/cracked/broken tooth
- Evaluation of gums and other oral tissue health
- Identifying periodontitis (gum disease)
- Looking for any loose tooth
- Tongue check-up
- Checking of correct bite
- Taking digital dental X-rays (if needed)
- Inspection of dental appliances
- Fluoride treatments
- Teeth and gums cleaning by a dental hygienist.
Apart from the above-mentioned points, our dental professionals even keep their eyes to identify the possible cause of teeth grinding in some patients. They even examine the palate, neck, lymph glands, or oral soft tissues to see for any signs and symptoms of oral infection or oral cancer screening. In Addition, the dental hygienist and dentist educate the patients on how to best care for teeth and gums.
Consult today with First Point Dental experts to get the best dental exam and cleaning.
Benefits of Regular Dental Check-Ups
Routine check-ups for dental checkup cleaning can help identify dental issues and other medical conditions such as diabetes and cancer that can impact overall body health. Teeth exam cleaning offer the following benefits:
- Fresher breath
- Healthier gums and teeth
- Cleaner, whiter teeth that contribute to a brighter, radiant smile
- Delayed progression of tooth cavity
- Low expenses than expenses related to treatment of periodontitis, severe tooth decay, or oral health issues that can turn serious without early and quick intervention
- Helps patients save their precious time on future potential dental procedures or surgeries by early diagnosis of oral health issues.
What Happens During Professional Dental Cleaning or Deep Dental Cleaning?
Dental checkup and Dental cleaning involves the following steps:
- Dental exam: Before starting with the actual teeth exam cleaning, the dental hygienist thoroughly examines the patient’s mouth.
- Removal of plaque and tartar: The plaque build-up or its hardened form (tartar) is eliminated from along the gum line and in between teeth using a scaler. In some cases, deep tooth exam cleaning involves scaling and root planing is done, if plaque or tartar goes deep down.
- Teeth cleaning with gritty toothpaste: After using the scalar, a high-powered electric toothbrush is used to scrub the teeth and remove any leftover plaque or tartar.
- Experts flossing: It is done to remove plaque or gritty toothpaste stuck deep in between the teeth.
- Rinsing: Dentists usually provide water or a liquid fluoride to completely rinse the inside of the mouth and get rid of debris.
- Fluoride treatment: This is done to protect the clean teeth and help the patient fight against future cavities for several months.
Dental Exam and Cleaning Cost
Dental exam cost varies for every patient. It can range from $60 to $400 or above, depending upon the location where the patient lives, who is performing the teeth exam, what’s included in the dental exam, and what’s being addressed during the exam. Typically, a standard dental exam includes professional teeth cleaning by a dental hygienist and a check-up by a dentist. The average dental cleaning cost is anywhere between $100 and $300.
The overall expenses related to dental exams are higher when it includes dental X-rays, more comprehensive or deep dental cleaning, and other specialty services. Consult First Point Dental experts to learn more on dental exam cost.
Insurance Coverage For Dental Exams And CleaningFor more details on the cost of dental exam and cleaning without insurance and even the cost of dental exam and cleaning without insurance,consult the First Point Dental experts who are known for offering the best dental exam and cleaning in the Chicago, Illinois area.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often should I go for dental exams and dental cleanings?
According to the American Dental Association, individuals are recommended to visit a dentist for teeth exam and professional teeth cleaning, twice a year, minimum. Regular dental exams and cleanings are advised by dentists for everyone. However, there are cases wherein the frequency of regular dental visits for exams and cleaning is higher. The frequency is tailored by dentists to accommodate the patient’s unique current oral health status and health history.
How lengthy are professional dental cleanings?
Dentists may take anywhere between 30 minutes and 90 minutes to perform teeth cleaning. The longevity of the procedure varies depending upon factors like current oral health status and medical history of the patient. Deep dental cleaning takes maximum time.
How long does a dental exam take?
A tooth or teeth exam usually lasts for a few minutes. The remaining time of the dental appointment is dedicated to taking dental X-rays (if needed), professional teeth cleaning, and consultation with the dental professional. Overall, the entire dental check-up may last for an hour or longer.
Is it painful to undergo a dental cleaning by a dental professional?
A standard professional dental cleaning cost ortooth cleaning in Chicago doesn’t hurt most patients. However, if patients have sensitive teeth and gums or have certain dental issues, they might feel some degree of discomfort during the procedure. In such cases, the patients can take a painkiller an hour before the dental cleaning or ask the dentist for other options during the procedure to remain at ease.
It’s important to note that those who frequently undergo professional teeth cleanings, get more comfortable with it. However, people who delay dental cleanings are more likely to have a potential build-up of plaque and inflamed gums and so find future dental cleaning painful.
For more details on the dental exam cleaning and cost of dental exam and cleaning without insurance and with insurance, consult the dental checkup cleaning experts at First Point Dental.