What are the Different Types of Dental Veneers Available?
A damaged or discolored teeth can affect one’s self-esteem or confidence. In that scenario, a dental veneer is recommended. It is a customized wafer-thin colored shell for improving the aesthetic, size, color, and shape of your natural teeth. It will be attached to the front teeth’ surface to restore your smile. So, you might be thinking what are the different types of veneers? Our team of dentists would help you in that aspect. It is sometimes referred to as a smile makeover. The most important point to note is that veneers can’t replace any missing teeth. This article discusses what dental veneers are and what are the different types of dental veneers available at the dental clinic near you.
What are the Best Types of Teeth Veneers?
- Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain is the safest material plus quite esthetic for dental restorations. Additionally, it has been found to be the most durable and long-lasting of all the other veneers available in the market. The porcelain veneers would rarely affect the gum tissues or the nearby soft tissues in the mouth. Plus, the veneers can vastly improve your smile as porcelain is of the same shade and color as your natural teeth. It would last for a lifetime if one doesn’t grind teeth and practices good dental hygiene. This might be the answer to your question about the best and different type of dental veneers.
- Composite Veneers: The composite veneers are made up of composite resin material. It is a combination of organic and inorganic materials developed in a specific ratio with the natural materials consisting of coupling agent, initiator and, resin. On the other hand, the filler is the inorganic material in the composite resin. The bonding material is the same as the one found in tooth colored fillings. While it is strong but the composite veneers are not as durable and strong as the porcelain.
- Lumineers: Another veneer available in the dental clinic is made of an ultra-thin porcelain laminate material. This procedure requires the least amount of time for preparation among all veneers. In comparison to the traditional veneer, a less natural tooth structure will be taken out before a lumineer is placed over your tooth enamel. The veneer is used typically for treating discolored and irregularly shaped teeth. Plus, they are smooth while giving the feel and appearance of natural teeth.
Removable Veneers or Temporary Veneers
Also referred to as snap-on veneers by dentists. Two types of temporary veneers are available namely instant veneers and custom-made clip-on veneers.
- Instant Veneers: Most affordable with the price in the bracket of $20 to $50 per tooth. Just put it into the hot water and pressing your teeth into the soft adjustable tooth.
- Custom-made clip-on Veneers: The high-quality removable veneers are available in the market currently. Firstly, an impression of your teeth is created at your visit. Next, then the impression is forward to a dental lab. After that, the technicians at the dental lab technicians would produce a customized set of veneers for you. It will be mailed to you.