What is Cosmetic Dentistry? Where to book one in Hoffman Estates Illinois
Modern cosmetic dentistry is becoming more and more relevant as individuals are unhappy with their smiles or oral health. This branch of dentistry aims to improve the appearance of smiles, mouths, gums, or teeth. It doesn’t come under essential dental procedures but it can certainly improve one’s confidence and personality by regaining one’s smile. Different types of cosmetic dentistry conducted at a dental clinic near you are covered in today’s article.
Why you Should see a Cosmetic Dentist near you?
One should book an appointment with a cosmetic dental clinic in case of:
- Tooth decay
- Loss of single or multiple teeth
- Misshapen tooth
- Damage to the teeth like chip or crack
- Discolouration or staining of teeth
If you feel unhappy with your smile, do book an appointment here or call us at 888-736-6430. Our team of dental professionals will examine your oral health and take the necessary corrective actions to improve it.
Types of Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures Conducted by Dentist
- Teeth Whitening: One of the most common cosmetic dentistry procedures done in the United States. It just takes a single visit to clean your teeth of stains, debris and discolouration. Firstly, dentists at First Point Dental clinics will remove the tartar, debris and plaque from every single tooth’s surface. Post that, a bleaching agent will be applied to add lustre and brightness to the tooth. This will give the teeth a lighter shade than the original colour of tooth. If you wish to maintain teeth whiteness, please follow the oral hygiene prescribed by your dentist.
- Dental Veneers Procedure: Veneers are thin wafer-like shells made from either porcelain or ceramic or resin in some cases. The shape and size differ from case to case as it’s custom made for each patient. The best bit is that it looks similar to natural teeth and can solve myriad cosmetic concerns like damaged enamel, the gap between two teeth, chipped or cracked teeth. The veneer will be placed at the front of each tooth using a dental adhesive.
- Dental Crowns: Tooth crowns are usually made from metal, porcelain or a combination of the two. Usually, we recommend porcelain as it’s strong and long-lasting while being similar to the tooth’s natural colour. In the first visit, the dentist will make an impression of the bite and jaw. After that, the impression will be sent to the lab’s technical team to design and build the crown. Finally, the dentist will adjust the crown in order to fit your teeth. At our clinics, the procedure is conducted over two visits. The first visit is for the crown preparation while the second is for the placement of the same.
- Affordable Dental Implants: A long-lasting solution for Americans missing several teeth. Firstly, the dentist will place a small titanium screw into the jawbone where the one wants to replace the missing tooth. This is done as the prosthetic will serve as a foundation for the dental crown. One can’t differentiate the implants from the natural teeth as it’s quite similar in appearance and functionality. It will take months before the fusing of the implant with the jawbone is completed. Next, the dentist will conduct surgery to insert the abutment with the patient being placed under local anesthesia. The gum will be reopened to allow the abutment to be attached to the tooth implants. Post the procedure, it will take approximately 2-3 weeks for the gum to heal before the artificial tooth is placed.
If you’re thinking about the process of cosmetic dentistry in Hoffman Estates Illinois, it’s important to schedule an appointment with a cosmetic dentist.