What is the Average Cost of Full Mouth Dentures?￼
Find how much does a full mouth of dentures cost and what type of dentures are the best.
Our dentists regularly come across patients with missing teeth who desire to regain their smile and restore their lost teeth function. Life without a healthy set of teeth can be inconvenient and can make people insecure about their smile! Luckily, with advancements in dentistry, patients can replace all of their missing teeth with a full set of dentures and enjoy an improved quality of life.
Full mouth dentures or complete dentures are a set of 14 or more fake teeth on a gum-colored resin base that is custom-designed to snugly fit into the gums with the base properly covering the gums and the palate.
Are you considering going for full-mouth dentures but worried about how you’ll pay for them? If your dental insurance doesn’t cover the cost, it might seem too expensive. In this post, we answer your questions about the cost of a full mouth of dentures.
How Much Does a Full Mouth of Dentures Cost?
Well, the cost of full-mouth dentures depends on many factors that must be considered before choosing them. These include-
- Type of Prosthesis- The pricing varies with the material and the quality of dentures. Acrylic dentures are usually cheaper than porcelain dentures. Some dentists may offer package deals for different kinds of dentures including the dental laboratory manufacturing fees as well as their guarantees. There can be different tiers of denture designs, ranging from budget to premium, which affects the cost of complete dentures. Premium dentures are priced high as they are of top-quality and made to accurately and comfortably fit inside the mouth. They require fewer dental visits/ follow-ups. On the other hand, economic dentures are the more affordable option.
- The Number of Possible Tooth Extractions Needed- Some patients might have a few natural teeth remaining which must be extracted in order for dentures to properly fit inside the mouth. The price of tooth extractions adds up to the final cost of placing dentures. This pricing also varies depending on the patient’s insurance status, the location of the tooth, and whether there are any complications.
- Status of Insurance or the Chosen Dental Plan- The patients have the option of using their dental insurance coverage or dental saving plan to lower the total cost of full mouth dentures. At our dental office, the patients can get help with an itemized breakdown of their dental condition and coverage.
- The Locality- The cost of the dental work is directly impacted by the cost of living in the area. This includes the fees charged by the concerned dentist for complete dentures. In the total fees quoted by the dentist, all the overhead expenses, staff salaries, lab charges, etc. are considered.
- Amount of Follow-Up Work Needed- It is not possible to know beforehand how many follow-up visits are needed. These include repairs, adjustments, and repositioning of the dentures. However, when the final payment is due, the amount of follow-up or maintenance work received by the patients can also affect the total cost of full-mouth dentures.
- If Implant-Supported Dentures are Required- Implant-supported dentures are anchored and stabilized inside the mouth with as few as 2-4 implants (titanium screws). The average cost of mandibular or maxillary implant-supported dentures is significantly higher than a removable set of dentures.
How Can You Save Money on Full Mouth Dentures?
You can save money on full mouth dentures through the following:
- Review Pricing Options– The cost of dentures varies as per the above-mentioned factors. Sometimes it may not be under your control to choose dentures in your budget. Hence, it would be a smart choice to know all quoted prices of the denture before going through with major dental work.
- Preventive Dental Care– The best way to avoid pocket expenses on full-mouth dentures is to avoid having them in the first place. If you get a warning from your dentist about your oral health, follow the dentist’s advice to keep natural teeth as long as possible.
- Invest in a Good Dental Plan– By purchasing the best suitable dental plan, you won’t have to break the bank to enjoy the benefits of the highest quality full-mouth dentures.
- Consider Payment Plans- At our dental office, you can enquire about any payment plan for the dentures to avoid emptying your pocket for the full up-front cost. With this approach, you get additional time to manage the payment of the total price.
Missing teeth can have serious repercussions on your oral and general health. By investing in dentures, you can restore your ability to eat, speak, and smile with confidence. Our dentist can provide you with a more detailed assessment of how much a full mouth of dentures costs. Schedule an appointment now with the best denture specialist in Chicago at First Point Dental for more information.