Navigating the Average Cost of Dental Implants near Chicago, IL: What You Need to Know
Dental implants, representing the latest in restorative dentistry, offer a solution for missing teeth. The cost of dental implants varies, but they stand as the most effective choice. This process involves surgically attaching a titanium or zirconium implant to the jawbone, creating a robust foundation for prosthetic teeth such as crowns, bridges, or dentures. The connection is facilitated by abutments.
How Much Dental Implants Cost?
Looking for dental implants in Chicago? Here’s a complete source of information on how much dental implants cost in Illinois. In this blog, we will explore the average cost of dental implants.
This can help you get a good understanding of dental implant costs and make you satisfied with paying an experienced dentist for dental implants. Read on to learn more about dental implant surgery and types of dental implants with their average prices. But before that, you must know that dental implant costs vary for every patient in need because of the influence of some cost-determining factors.
Getting dental implants requires surgery. Dental implants surgery is a multi-step surgical process. It is expensive as compared to having dentures or bridges. Is the high cost of dental implants making you step back from dental implant surgery? Don’t worry much about the price of dental implants and focus more on its benefits. With dental implants, you can restore your teeth’ functionality and your cosmetic appearance. Unlike dentures or bridges, you can prevent jawbone deterioration, keep your adjacent teeth stable, and preserve the health of your surrounding gums. Dental implants last for a lifetime and resemble natural teeth. With them, you can enjoy a better quality of life.
Factors that Affect the Price of Teeth Implants
The overall cost of dental implants depends upon several factors including:
- Need of preparatory dental procedures- These include dental exams, gum disease treatment, bone or sinus grafting, and tooth extraction. All of these are available at different prices. A dental X-ray or CT scan can cost from $25 to $200. Bone grafting using cadaver bone can range from $250 to $1100 and autologous bone graft can range from $2000 to $3000. A non-surgical tooth removal can range from $75 to $300 while a tooth extraction including soft tissue and complicated surgery can range from $185 to $600. Based on the patient’s needs, the cost of any one or more of these dental procedures is added to the total cost of dental implants.
- Implant material and quality– This includes the material or quality of implant post, abutment, and prosthetic tooth/teeth. A best-quality implant can range from $1600 to $2000, an abutment ranges from 275 to $450, and a dental crown can range from $1000 to $3000.
- The number of missing teeth- The type of dental implant is chosen based on the number of missing teeth. If a few numbers of dental implants are used to replace complete dental arches, then the cost of the treatment is less.
- Dental insurance and payment options- Dental implant surgery involving the placement of implants and prosthetics is considered a major operation. Therefore, dental insurance may cover half of the cost of getting dental implants. Some of the procedures in the process of getting dental implants such as tooth extraction and crowning can be considered medically necessary and so are covered by insurance. To further make dental implants affordable, many dentists even offer financing and payment plans.
- Expertise and experience of the dentist- An experienced implantologist with a successful track record may charge more but often ensures better outcomes and fewer complications.
- Locality of the chosen dental clinic- The locality of the chosen dental clinic also plays a significant role in determining implant costs. Dental clinics located in urban areas or prime locations tend to have higher overhead costs, which can translate to higher fees for dental implant procedures. On the other hand, clinics in less expensive areas may offer more affordable implant options.
One can consult First Point Dental Clinic, dental implant surgeon for more details on average cost of dental implants and overall details on the cost estimate of this procedure.
Types of Dental Implants and Their Cost
- Single tooth implants- A single tooth implant cost between $1000 and $3000. But, the overall cost of a single tooth implant is even more by adding another $500 to $3000 for placing an abutment and dental crown. Therefore, the total cost of a single tooth implant ranges from $1500 to $6000. This base rate is the average amount that one will need to pay out of pocket, without the help of dental insurance and finance/payment plans. It includes the dental implant surgery and the initial dental appointment. However, the cost may even be more depending upon the individual circumstances.
- Multiple teeth implants- This type is recommended for people having more than one tooth missing or severely damaged and even healthy teeth on either side of their gapped/ replacement area. They can be priced anywhere between $1500 and $30000. The cost estimate may even be up to $50,000, depending upon the unique needs of the patient or his/her circumstances. For instance, when one needs to replace 2-4 teeth with high-quality implants, the average out-of-pocket expenses could be between $6000 and $10000. The number of implants needed will depend upon the number of missing teeth and their location in the mouth. If missing teeth in series, the cost of the treatment is cheaper than missing multiple teeth at different locations of the dental arches.
- Full mouth Implants- For missing several teeth in a row, a restorative dentist recommends full mouth implants or implant-supported dentures. The full mouth implants costs range from $7000 to $90,000. The average cost of full-mouth dental implants may be around $34,000. A single upper or lower set of teeth can be priced around 35,000 to $30,000. As compared to the cost of traditional dentures, implant-supported dentures cost are higher because of their associated procedures.
Please contact First Point Dental Clinic for more detailed information on the average cost of dental implants.