Same Day Dental Implants in Chicagi, IL for a Stunning Smile
People who have lost one or more adult natural teeth or have had teeth extracted will require an efficient and quick replacement dental restoration option to achieve an aesthetic, complete smile. Same day dental implants in chicago, IL often provide an unparalleled solution in such cases.
Dental implants have long been in restorative dentistry to transform the smiles and lives of people. They are titanium or zirconium posts designed to be installed into the jawbone to preserve their health and provide a strong base for replacement of fake tooth or teeth that appear, feel, and function just like natural teeth. With dental implants procedure, people regain their lost teeth functioning, beautiful smiles, and aesthetic facial contours, and can smile, speak, and laugh with confidence.
If one wants quick replacement of several missing teeth in one or both dental arches, same-day teeth replacement can be the best solution. Many dental professionals or restorative dentists offer immediate same day teeth implants using advanced surgical techniques to place implants.
What are Immediate Dental Implants that offer Same Day Dental Replacement?
In normal circumstances, dental implant surgery is only performed after healing the tooth extraction site and ensuring the presence of enough jawbone. Bone grafting may be required, if there is insufficient jawbone. After surgery, a six-month healing period is needed before the final dental restoration is placed. n contrast, Same Day Dental Implants offer the advantage of new teeth in just one day, facilitating rapid osseointegration and expediting your path to a complete smile transformation.
However, in the case of same-day dental implants, the dentist surgically instals the dental implant immediately after the teeth extraction. These implants are already attached to the abutments (connector pieces) when placed into the jawbone. After implant placement, the temporary prosthesis (crown, bridge, or dentures) is placed over the abutment. All this happens in a single day in one dental visit. Hence, this dental service is called an immediate dental implant or same-day teeth replacement.
Am I a Candidate for Same-Day Teeth Replacement or One Day Teeth Implants?
Two factors must be considered before you are deemed a candidate for immediate dental implant loading after teeth extraction or losing multiple teeth in a row. These are:
Infection- The site of placement of the dental implant should be free of inflammation, gum disease, or any other infection. If there is an infection, treatment is necessary before dental implant placement.
Jawbone density and health- Dental implants can be securely placed if there is sufficient healthy jawbone present to support them. Following the loss of teeth, there is jawbone deterioration. If there has been significant jawbone deterioration, you will need to undergo a bone grafting procedure and a period of healing before receiving dental implants. In that case, it’s not possible to get same-day teeth implants.
Besides them, your candidacy for same-day teeth implants will also depend upon your overall health and if you are a smoker.
Unsuitable candidates include people with gum disease, poor oral habits or hygiene, autoimmune conditions, chronic disease, or bruxism.
Step-by-Step Procedure of Same-Day Dental Implants in Chicago
- Anaesthesia- Firstly, the patient is provided with general anesthesia to ensure no discomfort during extensive dental procedures.
- 3D CBCT Bone scan- Before the surgery, the dentist takes a 3D CBCT bone scan of the mouth and jaw of the patient to see the exact teeth positions and avoid nerve endings and sinuses.
- Extraction- The failing tooth or teeth is removed.
- Loading of immediate dental implant- In the extracted or empty tooth socket, a dental implant is surgically placed into the jawbone. The dental implant is already attached to an abutment on its top.
- Placement of temporary dental prosthesis– Once the dental implant is loaded, the dentist does not wait to place the dental prosthesis (crown, bridge, or denture). So, the patient does not return home with missing tooth gaps in the smile.
The entire procedure time of one day teeth implants can range from 30 minutes to 3 hours or longer, depending upon the number of implanted teeth. Following the surgery, the patient has to wait 2-3 months for their implants to fuse with their jawbone and then to get a customized dental prosthesis in another dental visit.
Aftercare for One-Day Teeth Implants
After receiving dental implants with replacement teeth in a single dental visit, it is recommended to follow these post-operative instructions:
- Gently apply cool packs on cheeks, jaw, and chin to help reduce swelling and bruising. This should be done for at least 48 hours.
- For active bleeding, bite down on gauze and lay down in a semi-reclined position.
- Avoid bending over, sucking through the straw, spitting, and rinsing of mouth for 24 hours. Oral mouth rinse can be used after 2 weeks, if prescribed.
- Avoid smoking and strenuous physical activities for at least 10 days.
- Avoid alcohol consumption for at least 48 hours.
- Avoid intake of hot liquids for an initial 24 hours. Start with cool liquids and when numbness wears off, have a soft diet for at least 4 weeks.
- Never pick or scratch the sharp bony edges developed at the surgical site.
- Take proper relaxation and keep your body relaxed.
- To maintain the health of dental implants and avoid their failure, practice good oral hygiene and avoid bad oral habits like teeth grinding and tobacco.
- Do not miss follow-up dental visits.
Benefits of Having Same-Day Dental Replacement
- Long-lasting solution with success rate because of better osseointegration
- Immediate restoration of teeth function and smile aesthetics
- Short overall treatment time and significant reduction in the total number of dental visits
- The teeth-in-a-day process helps minimize the loss of soft and hard tissues in the mouth
- Instant smile transformation
- Improves self-confidence
- Preserves jawbone
- Comfortable and relaxed dental experience
- Minimal recovery time; no need for long waiting for every step in dental implant treatment
- Ability to eat a soft diet as soon as new teeth are in place
- No need for bone grafting
- Accurate placement of dental implant
- No need of incisions and sutures
- Tiny trauma to gums and jawbone; gums heal quickly and are less likely to recede
- Predictable treatment outcomes; higher success rates.
Seeking Superior Quality, Affordable Same-Day Teeth Implants? Act Quick!
If you have lost your teeth or just have your tooth or teeth extracted, First Point Dental can help you restore your smile immediately by providing same-day teeth implants. We ensure highly successful treatment outcomes at the best possible price. If you are interested in our same day dental implants service or want to gather more information, contact us today!